Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 7, 2010

So we packed our bags yesterday and headed to the hospital with the expectation of getting to meet our Grace. We went to meet with the High Risk Doctors first to have the amniocentesis test done to see if her lungs were developed. Everything went smooth with the test. They hooked me up to some monitors after to make sure Grace was doing ok. Then we were told we were allowed to go and they would call us with the results. After two hours of waiting the phone rang.  The nurse said that her lungs were not developed yet and we could go home.  Obviously this would be the best thing for the baby. If her lungs were not ready we shouldnt have her but I was really ready to meet my new daughter.  I was so dissapointed that I started crying. I gave Kirk a long hug and we wiped away my tears.  We both knew it was for the best but I was really ready to move forward and was eager to find out about the baby. 
I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning at 10:00a.m. to find out what day I will deliver next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment