Friday, December 17, 2010

December 18,2010

Last night after posting how wonderful my daughter was doing, I went back to the hospital to see her. As I was getting ready to leave at 11:30p.m. her breathing stat began to drop. The nurse tried adjusting somethings to fix it. Basically she stopped breathing and was riding the ventilator. This is ok for a little while, but you can not continue to live unless you kick back in a little. She ended up call the respitory team over, who called the doctors in.
When you hear the term critical condition you don't relize how much of a roller coaster ride they are on. They can change at any moment, and with in a minute be in serve distress.
They did a chest x-ray and it came out clear. They took some blood to do some test, so far it is negitve. He hand pumped her for a few minitues and she came back up in her stats. They are not sure if she had a blogage in her tube, or what it was. They put her on antibiotics for 48 hours just in case, she was getting sick and it was mucus blocking the tube.
My heart dropped when this happen. I am begining to relize what the next 10 weeks or so of my life are going to be.
She seems great today. Everything has been back to stable once again today. She did get a IV in her head today which I must say is a little umbareable to see, but they say it is the least painful spot and they have the best veins in there head. They are hoping this one will stay and not have to be moved. She is running out of spots for IV's.
 I got to change my first diaper of her's. I know this sounds crazy but it was so fun! I haven't really had a chance to interact with her. All I have gotten to do it just hold her hand, So changing that poopie diaper and taking her tempature was a big step today!
Danielle got me so adorable christmas outfits for grace. I had the hat and socks on her last night. I will post those pictures following.

3 comments:

  1. You are such a great Mom, Linds! Stay strong...you will all pull through. I'm thinking of you and praying for Grace. It was great to talk today. Love you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linds, I had no idea that you and Grace have been on that much of a roller coaster in the last couple days. Please keep the posts coming. We're all following them with love & light coming your way. Everyone at the YMCA misses you and has been asking about you and Grace constantly. There's love pouring in your direction from people you don't even know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you Lindsey! Baby Grace, we love you too! You are a strong little girl! You are all in our prayers! Stay strong! Thank you for taking the time out to update your blog! I am following along and praying everyday for you. Xox

    ReplyDelete